Guideline: Hi, I have used Tableau to use my data to generate a Geographic visualisation of Wind and Solar Fuel Distribution across Europe.
The reasoning for this plot have been inspired by articles  and  in an attempt to visualise patterns in the locations of these plants, and perhaps see if it is influenced by patterns in the jet stream and/or geographical location.
The visual design type was selected as a result of learning the advantages of Geo Maps from website .
Visual Design Type: Digital / Geographic Map
Name of Tool: Tableau
- Detail - Name of Plant
- Color - (Green = Wind, Red = Solar)
Data Source: http://datasets.wri.org/dataset/globalpowerplantdatabase
- Primary Fuel - (Wind, Solar)
- Country - (European Countries)
Information Source: Integration of wind and solar power in Europe: Assessment of flexibility requirements -
Jet stream wind power as a renewable energy resource: little power, big impacts - https://pure.mpg.de/pubman/faces/ViewItemOverviewPage.jsp?itemId=item_1693453 
- Do you feel like the visualisation clearly displays geographical trends in wind and solar plants?
- Would you recommend any additional data to be marked to perhaps convey greater information to the user?
- Is the use of color mapping optimal?
- Would you recommend perhaps using an alternative visualisation technique that could display the desired patterns more clearly?
Thanks in advance.