Advice on how to optimise the amount of information displayed in tree maps

Hi everyone, I am a 3rd year student at Swansea University.
I am analysing the average output capacity in mega watts of each fuel source around the world using a tree map with a heat-map colour scheme going from blue (smallest capacity) to red (largest capacity).

Visualisation:

Question:

I don’t know if this visualisation is displaying the information that nuclear energy is the next primary global source effectively.
Do you think there should be a sub-tree map in each fuel source showing the top 10 countries that are contributors to the primary tree map result?

Visual Design Type: Tree Map

Tool Used: Tableau Professional edition

Source To Dataset:

Global Energy Observatory, Google, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Enipedia, World Resources Institute. 2018. Global Power Plant Database. Published on Resource Watch and Google Earth Engine;

URL:

All opinions and ideas are welcome, thanks for reading and the help! :smile:
-Avi

Good choice of Visual Design Type to show the average capacity of each fuel around the world. My opinion is to change the color to be based on the primary fuels and to put the average capacity based on the size as a result someone can understand that e.g the nuclear in this country has the highest average and the oil in that country has the lowest average. Moreover, try to show also the country in label and I think it will be better to change the color palette for the primary fuels.

Thanks for the quick response, I will try adding unique colours to each source and split it by country with the avg output showing in the boxes. Hopefully it won’t get too cluttered :smile: